Saturday, August 13, 2011

New school year

I can't believe I've been back in Surabaya for almost a month already. Since the school year began, time has been going quickly. This year I have kindergarten classes like last year in addition to playgroup (2 and 3 years old). I have been enjoying the playgroup classes because it is more laid back than kindergarten. I can just sing songs and play games with them.
I have enjoyed getting to know the same students I had last year and some new ones from KG A. I enjoy their comments and stories that they tell me. One of my students that I had last year, always compliments me when I come in. She says, "Miss Janita, your hair is beautiful today." or "Miss Janita, your shirt is pretty." It's so cute. :) This week, I was teaching in one of the KG A classes and I asked for a volunteer to come up front. I called on one of the girls, and she excitedly leaped out of her chair. Unfortunately for her, the string from her shorts was caught in her chair and she ended up dragging her chair with her up front! The teachers and I couldn't help laughing. :)
God has really blessed me since I've been back. I had asked him for more ministry opportunities here in west surabaya and he has really provided those. I have been able to help with an English tutoring class for 5-8 year olds. That will start up next month after the holiday. I also have a chance to help out at an orphanage every week. I am excited about the new opportunities. Please continue to pray that God would lead me and that I can bring glory to Him in everything I do.

2 comments: