Sunday, August 8, 2010

Saya tahu Bahasa sedikit!

Selamat Pagi orangtua dan teman-teman! (Good morning family and friends!) The title of this post is (I think) "I know a little Bahasa!"
On Friday I was able to meet with my friend Yuni and practice Bahasa again. I feel like this lesson helped me to gain more confidence that I can learn it! I have been remotivated to study and practice now. So hopefully, I will be able to understand it well soon!



Well, let's see what's been happening recently...


The past two days the students have had off of school. We teachers have gone to school, but only for a couple of hours, thankfully.

Wow, one of these days I will actually finish this blog post! (It's already Wednesday and I started it on Saturday!)

I'll just update you from this past weekend. On Saturday I went to Bible study, for the first time in a while. We were talking about the new study we are going to do. At first, they said we were going to do a motherwise bible study. And I was thinking, "Well, i guess I'll have to drop out of the bible study for a while since this doesn't apply to me." Then we all talked and decided to do a different one because of the mixed nature of our group (some others are single like me).

After the study I went to Tungjun Plaza (a HUGE mall here) with some of the local teachers and Larmy (a filippina teacher). We watched a movie and then walked around the mall for a while. Larmy and I were able to buy a birthday present for my housemate, so that was good.

On Sunday I just went to church and walked around the mall with the others for a while. Not too much...

On Monday and Tuesday we got off of school early, as I said above. Monday evening, some of the guy expat teachers had a "pool" party for dinner. Actually, we all just ended up eating together and not swimming. But it was fun.
Well, I will go for now. I will try to write more later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janita, we're trying to make sure we're doing this write...gram's comment disappeared into cyberspace, the black hole or wherever...love you, gramps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post. I'm studying bahasa Indonesia right now from home in preparation for my trip to Jakarta in December and was thrilled to recognize some words in your title. My son has suggested that I enroll in some language classes while visiting them so I'm trying to NOT look like a total idiot when I arrive. Sounds like Surabaya is gradually feeling more like home to you.

    ReplyDelete