Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm going home... :)

Hello everyone! I just realized that this is the first time to write in May... Sorry about that.
I am currently organizing/packing preparing to move to a new apartment near school and then go home next month. I was reading through the letters that you sent with me and in the mail since I've been here. I just wanted to thank all of you for keeping in touch and sending me those letters! I am sorry that I have not been able to write back because the mail system is unreliable here going the other way. But please know that I appreciate each letter. I also can tell that you have been praying for me this past year. So many times I have been feeling sad or anxious, and God's peace comes on me that passes all understanding. I especially feel your prayers on Saturdays when I go to English club. Almost every time I feel a discouragement or distraction from going, but as soon as I get there, I feel God's peace and joy. He keeps giving me more ideas and wisdom for teaching middle school, which is something I never thought I would be doing. So, thank you so much! God bless you!
This past month has been busy with preparing for graduation at school. I am on the program commitee, so we are helping prepare the kids for the drama they will perform on the graduation day. I also have been helping with/teaching Sunday school this month, along with Sara.
This past Tuesday, we had a day off, which was nice. The pastor's wife invited Sara and I over for dinner along with some other american teachers at another school. It was a great time of talking in English (it's hard sometimes being around so many non-native speakers) and eating American food. She even taught us how to make apple pie! :) Oh, and speaking of baking, recently I also have been baking more. Last week I decided to try making snickerdoodles. I wasn't sure how they would turn out without cream of tartar and no mixer, but they were good. It feels nice to make something American even in a different place.
Well, please continue to pray for my exit visa so I can come home next month with no problem. Please also pray for me to keep my focus on God and His word instead of putting other things before Him. Thank you so much! I can't wait to see all of you very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment