Friday, April 29, 2011

April events


Hello again! I'll try to summarize the rest of April... It's almost May!
Last time I wrote was right before my birthday. I was so blessed by the people here who remembered my birthday. Sara and I went to the mall on Friday the 15th for ice cream to celebrate. On Saturday I went to English club as usual. Angie surprised me during our class by bringing a snack (crispy tahu) and singing to me. The kids were surprised to find out it was my birthday. I asked them all to take a picture with me. Then when I got to the main room, everyone surprised me with a cake and ice cream with a candle to blow out. It was a great birthday! :)
Last week we had our Kartini's day celebration for school at a nearby mall. Kartini was the one I guess who pushed for girls to be able to attend school. Since it was a national holiday, all the kids wore batik, the national fabric.
Last Friday i went to my friends house to dye Easter eggs. (Thanks mom for thinking to send the dye!) It was such a nice treat to still be able to keep that Easter tradition. Even if the brown eggs here don't color the same way as white ones. Haha!
Today we had our Easter celebration at school. The theme was "Jesus is my Superhero!" It was a good time to remember again what Jesus did for us, for me. As the words to one of our songs that we sang said, "The nail marks on your hands and feet are marks of love, the love of God." I pray that you also will remember His love for you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janita, thank you for summarizing your birthday and Easter celebrations. Your conclusion was so appropriate to remember His love for us.
    It was truly wonderful to talk with you on skype today after a two week absense which only means how busy you have been over the last two weeks. I loved it when you showed me the pictures this morning of the darling children in their superhero costumes. I can't wait to meet them all. Hopefully and prayerfully soon.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete