Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bugs and Floods


Happy april everyone! Is there any spring weather where you are? If so, please enjoy it for me. :( It is still as hot as ever here. It has also been raining almost every day. In fact, the week before last we had our house flood two times. There is a balcony right outside my room and apparently the drain to let the water out when it rains is very small. Well, it got clogged with debrief from the house and so the water overflowed into our house. Thankfully we know about the problem now so we can clean the balcony so it doesn't happen again.
That same week, I was sitting in my room and heard a rustling sound. At first I just thought it was a lizard in the garbage can again. Then it started buzzing. I looked behind me and there was a huge wasp at the window. I screamed and ran downstairs. Thankfully Janice is braver than I am so she opened the window and let him out. Before you laugh at me, let me just say that this wasp was huge. It was like the size of a small bird!!
Anyways, things have been going o.k. I am getting more and more excited to go home in June! But GOd has been good here, teaching me to trust Him and that He is loving me through everything. I was blessed yesterday to get a birthday package from my family. Thank you guys! :) One of the things I am excited about getting in it is easter egg dye. I invited some of my American friends over next sunday to dye easter eggs together!
If God brings it to mind, please pray for me that I would have perseverance in teaching and living here and always choose joy! :) Thank you! God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. I could picture you screaming and running downstairs at the bird-sized wasp! I like your title "Bugs and Floods"! We keep getting stink bugs in the van which has been dangerous to the driver because of a screaming daughter. Yikes!
    We had nice weather yesterday and got to wear capris. Although, we started to do school work on the deck and Jennifer ended up wearing her winter coat with a blanket around her legs to keep warm. It did warm up later in the afternoon and was quite stuffy in the house last night for sleeping. We couldn't open the windows because of a thunderstorm and strong winds. Today is rainy and back in the 50's. Spring is so back and forth here.

    ReplyDelete