Sunday, March 20, 2011

Plane tickets!


Hello again! As many of you already know, I now have my plane tickets to come home for a visit this summer! I will be home from June 16th until July 14th. God has been so good in working out all the details for me. I have a friend from church here who contacted her travel agent to help me book the flights. And on the day that it came to transfer the money, God provided a teacher friend to take me to the bank. He also provided the approval of all my supervisors to take the extended time off. So I am looking forward to experiencing a little bit of home this summer: visiting NYC, eating soft pretzels and bagels with cream cheese, and most importantly, spending time with my family! Praise God that I have this chance to go home and get refreshed and renewed for my second year. :)
This past week I enjoyed having a week off of teaching because our school had a spiritual growth seminar with a team from Hong Kong. It was very intense, but God used it to bring healing and change in my life. He has been showing me recently His love and acceptance of me. I encourage all of you to read Psalms 34, especially verses 4 and 5. God wants to deliver us from shame and fear, and make us radiant because of His love for us!
Then on Friday the students came back to school and we went on a field trip to a city park. The above picture is of me, the Mandarin teacher, and a staff member at the park. It was nice to spend some time outside! :)
Well, here comes another week! God bless all of you!

7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you. Was that at the spiritual growth seminar? I love Ps. 34:4,5 because of His deliverance from ALL our fears when we seek Him. His deliverance does bring joy to our countenance.
    Mailed your package today. Pray that it comes before your birthday. I forgot to have dad sign your card. He flew to CO today and was in TX last week.
    Who were the speakers at the seminar?
    How is your Bahasa coming along?
    Love and miss you and can't wait to have you home for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, i can't wait to get my package! thanks mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janita -

    We're all so excited about your trip home!!! I'm so thankful that all went well with the arrangements.

    Thank you for sharing Psalm 34.

    The park looks beautiful. We went to a botanical garden in Hawaii and saw all kinds of tropical plants that were so amazing.

    Love you,
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that our Mexico team had to memorize Ps. 34 in order to go on the trip? That Psalm has always been so alive and nourishing to my soul. Do you remember how I used to quote from it when we presented in all those churches? He is still delivering me from all my fears.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoy! (Filipino equivalent of hey!) Mahal kita.. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comments! :)
    @ becky: ako mahal kita too! (is that correct to add ako to the beginning? :)

    ReplyDelete