Monday, October 18, 2010

Praise God for a new sink!

This may seem like a funny title, but it's true. Our apartment is one that used to be nice, but is falling apart due to age and poor construction. One of the issues we had was the wood around our kitchen sink was rotting and sinking. At one point, the whole sink fell down, but we told the hotel staff and they temporarily fixed it.
Today we came home from school and they put a whole new section and cabinet around the sink. It may sound silly to you, but it made me so happy because the whole kitchen looks better now. :)
Anyways... on Thursday and Friday we had our open house at school. Thursday was a pet show and activities indoors for the students. (I was at the English/Phonics) table. Friday we had an assembly and then a talent show.
On Saturday at church we had a Sunday school meeting. We were able to decide on some rules for our class and then we had a good time of prayer together.
On Sunday I taught Sunday school by myself for the first time. The kids are really good and for the most part interested in the lesson, so that's good. I enjoy being involved in that way. After church I walked around the mall for a while and bought a Christmas cd, which I have already listened to! (I know, it's only October, but since the weather never gets colder, I figure my Christmas spirit needs some extra help.)
Well, that's about all for know! Enjoy the pictures below! :)


Me and one of my students at the open house
After the open house, some of the teachers "painted" our arms for us. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janita, praise the Lord for a new sink. Thanks for sharing about this blessing.
    Jennifer and I laughed about listening to a Christmas cd and how you needed extra help with Christmas spirit.
    What kind of pets were at the open house?
    Who is the teacher with you with painted arms?
    So glad to skype with you three times in a row. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete