Thursday, November 4, 2010

Days of grace

Happy November everyone! I can't believe it's already November! Tomorrow will be my fifth month anniversary here. This is the longest I've ever had without seeing my family. It's been both really long and short at the same time.
The weather is still pretty much the same here. Still hot! haha Yesterday I put on shorts to wear around the house when I got back from school and then I realized that it is probably the first time I have ever worn shorts in November!
I title this post "days of grace" because of a sermon I heard last night by Grahm Cooke (he is a British pastor). I borrowed the cd from my friend Angie here. Anyways, one of the things he shared was that we should not consider any day good or bad. Each day is a day of grace. Sometimes God's grace allows us to enjoy what's happening. Other days God's grace allows us to endure. That is a good reminder for me to consider each day a gift from God in which He gives me His grace!
Yesterday I got to play badmitten after school with some of the other teachers. It was so fun, although very humid in the unairconditioned gym! I feel like it was a gift from God. Just recently I was watching some kids play badmitten on the street outside my house and I thought, "I wish I could play, but I have no supplies and no one to play with." But then the other teachers invited me to play badmitten with them every Wednesday!
Well, that's all for now! Enjoy your days of grace! :)

2 comments:

  1. Can you play goodmitten? :P Hahaha. And since I don't feel like commenting on the next post, I love the story about umbrellas. So true!!!!!

    Enjoy badminton. :D :P Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky made me laugh at "goodmitten." I'm at the library in WA and giggled out loud! Thanks Becky for the humor.
    That is really good about days of grace. Especially in light of the funeral yesterday, it is refreshing to think of God's grace available to us whatever the day brings.

    ReplyDelete