Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas




I can't believe it's already December! Can you? Last Sunday marked my SIXTH month here! Wow! God has blessed me so much since my arrival. You may remember if you have been reading my beginning posts, how hard it was when I first arrived. But now God has really fulfilled His promise that He will give me good things here.
Let me share what God has been doing recently...
Last week a new teacher arrived to the school and our apartment from America! It has been so nice to have a native English speaker to talk to (not that I haven't been enjoying the other friends I have met here). :)
On Sunday, Sara (the new teacher) helped me in Sunday School and then we went to the second service together. It was the first time I had taught in a while and it was so much fun to see the kids again. I think Sara had fun too. :) The first picture above is of Sara and some of the Sunday School kids.
On Tuesday I had a chance to help decorate our church for Christmas. I was so glad to have the opportunity to decorate a Christmas tree after all. The second picture above is of me and one of the girls who is a reindeer in the Christmas play.
Last night we got to watch the church's Christmas play. It was nice to have another Christmas activity.
Well, I will go for now and get ready for English club! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janita, what fun to read your update and hear of your Christmas activities! Our Father longs to give good gifts to His children and He is showering you with His gracious gifts. Thanks for sharing the pictures of Sara and the Christmas tree you decorated. I love these visuals of your life there.

    ReplyDelete