Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Immanuel - God with us

I just finished watching "The 12 Words of Christmas" talk by Louie Giglio (an early Christmas present from my sister) and thinking about God's great gift in coming to us. God is reminding me of the wonder of Jesus coming to earth. This Christmas, as I am without my family and most of the traditions that I usually associate with the holiday, I know that God is showing Himself to be Immanuel - God with us; God with me!
"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14
Jesus came to this empty world ready to fill us with His grace and truth. And that truth is for everyone in every situation. (paraphrased from Louie Giglio)
I pray that God will make this good news real to every one of you this Christmas!
"God is in us, God is for us, God is with us - Immanuel." ("God is with us" sung by Casting Crowns.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janita, I love that song by Casting Crowns. And I love what you shared about your Immanuel who is with you as you are away from home and family. I agree with you that God wants to make this truth of His grace and presence real to us. And I worship Immanuel who is with you when we cannot be there. He is filling you with His grace and truth in deeper ways than you have known before.

    ReplyDelete