Sunday, February 27, 2011

End of February



Hello again! Somebody informed me that I should update my blog more often, so here I am, giving you another update. :) (This is for you, becky.) Actually, I would like to update more, it's just been so busy.
I just uploaded some pictures on facebook, so you can check them out, but I included two here so you can have a little taste if you don't have a chance to look there. :) I included two pictures. One is of a trip to Madura (another island close by) with a church group. We ate bebek goreng (fried duck) at a famous restaurant here. The other picture is of English club, singing a song with the students.
I just returned from a retreat with my church for Sunday school teachers. It was just overnight, but it was really refreshing. We were able to worship God together and learn about creativity in teaching and letting God use us in loving our students. It was a good reminder not just for S.S., but also for teaching during the week. Please pray for me that God's love would lead me and fill me so that anything I say and do would be an overflow of what He has already given me. Thanks so much for your prayers and support!

4 comments:

  1. Did you like the fried duck? Goreng must mean fried because of the national dish nasi goreng. BTW, I love that dish. We had it for dinner recently and served it to our co-op class.
    The second picture is from the retreat, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love bebek goreng. And yes, goreng means fried. :) I'm glad you liked that dish. I'll have to try your version of it in June and tell you if it's authentic or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! You updated! :) I can't figure out why my RSS feeds don't work, so I sporadically check back. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Authentic, well now maybe I won't try it on you with such inspection to go through. haha.
    Is the above picture from the retreat?

    ReplyDelete